tiistai 4. elokuuta 2009

"One hill, two causeways, three islands, and five lakes" - West Lake, Hangzhou

Nihao everyone! Annamari asked me to add some photos and comments to our blog, so here they come. :) I spent most of July in Shanghai because I attended a summer school arranged by Fudan University's Nordic Centre. The trip was wonderful experience and I was totally thrilled by Shanghai.

It was quite difficult to choose which photos (of those around 300 I took during the trip...) to add here, but finally I decided to choose a few photos from our weekend trip to Hangzhou. We visited Hangzhou's main tourist attraction, the famous West Lake 西湖,which was a really beautiful place. We took a boat to the small man-made island called 小瀛洲 and enjoyd the hot summer day and the beautiful scenery of Three Ponds Mirroring the Moon ( 三潭印月) and Green Greeting Pavilion.




A traditional entrance in 小瀛洲 island.














Qian King Temple











































Zigzag bridge to Green Greeting Pavilion.













Green Greeting Pavilion














Leifeng Pagoda













Baochu Pagoda




























Ei kommentteja: